India is a unique blend of modernization and ancient traditions. So if you are planning a vacation on the myriad of indigenous lands, you should gather some travel advice before entering here.
Unlike the western countries, India is not a liberal country. The Indians respect and religiously follow their ancient traditions. Therefore, it is very important to keep the rules and social regulations for the traveler if you want to experience a rich and comfortable vacation in India.
Some important travel insurance tips that a traveler should keep in mind when traveling to India are:
- Before entering a tourist destination in India, a traveler must know all the local laws and customs that prevail in the region. This will help the traveler enjoy holidays without the chaos.
- To enjoy a smooth holiday in India, it is important to always be in touch with your contacts in your home country and in India and periodically inform them about your whereabouts and activities.
- Never reveal any important personal matters and travel plans to any stranger while vacationing in India.
- Always save the compiled photocopies of your travel documents with you while storing the originals in a safe place.
- If you plan to visit some restricted areas of India such as Arunachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, you must obtain the required permission from an Indian Tourist Office.
- While traveling in India, try hiring taxis or taxis with credible travel operators or with staff such as India's Tour Operator. This will help you avoid any troublesome situation.
- Do not seek the advice of taxi drivers for accommodation. It will be best if you arrange your accommodation before your trip.
- After checking in at the hotel, keep important documents such as passports, return tickets and valuables, such as jewelry, etc. to the hotel safe.
- To avoid incidents in your pockets, always keep your wallet in the jacket pocket or in the side pocket of your pants. Do not take too much money with you.
- Hotel staff next door, if a stranger gets to your room they will not open the door. In case of suspicion, please call the hotel reception immediately.
- In addition to the hotel staff, do not hand over your luggage to anyone. Always take the stored luggage receipt. Never leave your luggage unattended at airports, railway stations, taxi stands and bus stops.
- Avoid using shortcuts, narrow streets, or poorly lit streets. Always try to travel in the company of others.
- Try to bring appropriate medications, mosquito ointments, and drink only bottled mineral water to avoid various waterborne illnesses and do not eat spicy foods during your vacation in India.
For more information about travel destinations, please visit our blog.
The author is associate editor of White Mushroom Holidays. Now know about the Safari Rides in Ranthambore National Park, A trip to Dharampur from Kasauli, Tour of the Jantar Mantar in Jaipur, A trip to Rahala waterfalls from Manali, Wayanad National Park, and A visit to Shilpgram Fair in Udaipur.